While it’s not required, it is always a good idea to consider cleaning your roof before installing solar panels. It is an opportune time to get a thorough cleaning, and cleaning where the panels will be installed ensures that the area will remain clean because solar panels actually help keep the are under them in great condition. Some solar dealers have expressed their opinion to the contrary with little to no information baking up such a claim. We are all about educating our clients. When removing solar panels, the area where the panels were located is largely protected, often looking like the roof did when it was brand new!
Jason Evers, owner of Coastline, gave me these tips for hiring a roof cleaning company before installing solar panels:
- Make sure they are licensed and insured.
- Get references or a referral from another trusted business owner.
- Check out their website and learn about the owner.
- Ask to see pictures of their work.
- Make sure you are comfortable with them being in, on, and around your home.
Whether your roof is very old and dirty, or can just use a quick wash, cleaning your roof before installing solar panels is something you should consider, and we will be happy to make a recommendation.